Gospel Acclamations
  • BenBen
    I'm sorry I don't know the technical term, but I am looking for the "gospel verses" (sung between the repetitions of the alleluia) for weekdays. Specifically, I need them for the Wednesdays through the next month or two.

Does anyone know where/if the gospel verses can be found online, or in a PDF somewhere, or if it doesn't exist, could someone post or email me (benyanke+gospelverses@gmail.com) the verses for the next 7 or 8 Wednesdays?

Thank you!
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    They're in the Lectionary. I can try to sneak a peak at Church on Monday if I have a chance. Anybody who has a good Ordinary Form Daily Missal could also help you if they beat me to it.
  • BenBen
    Thanks Skirp! [bang head] I should have known that!

Don't worry about looking them up for me, I checked in the appropriate volume of the lectionary this morning in our sacristy, and found the ones I'll need.

However, if someone still knows of a PDF or other resource online with the alleluia verses for weekdays, please share! It sure beats copying them from the lectionary...
  • BenBen
    Thanks so much Paul! That's wonderful.

But I'm having trouble opening the DOC files. I've noticed you've run into this before on the forum here. Could you possibly send them as PDFs, or whatever you usually do to remedy the problem?

Again, thank you so much for this. It will be a great help, and certainly beats looking them up in the lectionary.
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    You may have thought of this, but I just wanted to throw it out there that in looking over Wednesdays for the next two months, 8/10, 8/24, 9/14, and 9/21 are all feasts (St. Lawrence, St. Bartholomew, The Exaltation of the Holy Cross, and St. Matthew) which have proper Gospel readings, and therefore a different verse for the Gospel Acclamation.

--Rich
  • BenBen
    Hmmm... Good point. I didn't notice that.
  • Paul F. Ford
    Here are txt files. (Can anyone tell me why my .doc s can't be opened?)
  • chonakchonak
    For Dr. Ford: The trouble with the doc files, from here, is that an extra byte, a single null character (a zero byte) appears at the start of the file when I download it. If I use a Linux utility to strip off that first byte, then the .doc file becomes readable. I think the same happens whenever people upload .doc files.
  • BenBen
    Thanks Dr. Ford, I was able to open the txt files!