Pew cards/aides for new translation
  • Heath
    (I know a similar thread was going around a couple months ago, but I couldn't easily find it.)

The boss put me in charge of selecting the best resource to put in the pews for the congregants. I'd love to hear opinions on the samples you've seen . . .

Plus, if some have designed their own, I know we'd all love to see them as well.

A few links to get the ball rolling:

GIA

OCP

WLP

Magnificat

OSV
  • Mike R
    For just the texts, I've seen nothing better than this: http://www.andwithyourspirit.com/

Personally, I like what GIA has done - making a separate assembly card for each of their settings. But that's only helpful if you're going to be using a GIA setting.

A couple dioceses are collaborating on a pew card that will include the ICEL chants interspersed throughout, as well.
  • Personally, I prefer a version of what Magnificat is offering. However, I find it particular lacking musically (no mention of Propers, nor necessary musical rubrics etc.! And, there are some sad omissions, musically speaking, that I feel critical.

That being said, what a golden opportunity for education and goals advancement for the CMAA to create and offer their own Pew Cards with small rubrics and explanations of what, why, when and where.

Come on guys, jump at this!
  • marajoymarajoy
    here's one of my favorites sung ordinary