The Catholic Choirbook Anthology I - Purchasing In Bulk, Downloading for Free
  • We've revised the website to make it easier to purchase books, single copies and bulk orders at a discount.

A simple chart gives you links to the contents and lists the prices.

www.thecatholicchoirbook.com

Prices for buying 2 or more (Bulk) purchases for choirs or classes or just for your own music library and friends are listed. The bulk prices include free shipping, so you get the discount and also save the cost of shipping as well, which should please your pastor and bookkeeper as well.

The new color cover for the Anthology, designed by Chad Parish, is very popular. We offer it as paperback and hardcover. And our printer has made it possible for us to continue to sell the plain, unprinted dark blue library cloth hardcover version for choirs and also the new, hardcover laminated.

Adam Wood gave us this idea, as he felt it would be a hard decision for some to make and this, of course, solves the problem!

Jeffrey Tucker was kind enough to put us in touch with Chad Parish who did a fabulous job designing the cover, thanks to Jeffrey and Chad!

Free copies of this book and all our books including chant books are available for free download from that page as well.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    FNJ sent me a copy of the Anthology about a month ago.
    I still owe him a blog post, but until that time- let me say:
    This series is awesome!
  • Was meeting with a lady today who was leafing through the Anthology and stopped. She was thrilled to find Jesus, My Lord, My God, My All in it.

The book is half English and half Latin, the English primarily in hymns to give a choir something to sing right now and for the next six months or more while getting used to singing in Latin..having some of the best English anthems in the book helps as well, but this book is really built to please old-timers who love the old Catholic hymns and remember them, add new hymns with new music and blend some of the favorite Latin motets from the. St. Gregory Hymnal and Choirbook with more of the great music of the church.

Starting out with the chant Ave Verum in the Anthology, using an audio file sung by Matthew Curtiss, to be shared with choir members, saved to iPods and CD's for car listening, our choir can get the pure Italian/Latin in their ears, mouths and brains. While you are working on that over a few weeks, you can be singing from the English section of the book. Once you have the Ave Verum going well, moving on to the Mozart, Elgar and Byrd and the natural next steps. Member's won;t be complaining about singing in Latin, because they are singing words that they already know....