What the heck's up with Fr. Zed?
  • Since MSF and WDTPRS are both ostensibly liturgically focused blogs,
    what is up with Fr. Z's daily exhortation about prayer, the devil's lion roar and roaming, and 1 Peter 5?
    Is this Corapi, the revelation that either Rupert Murdoch or Glee has spawned the Anti-Christ, the post-Anthony verdict/24 hr. news cycle feeding upon its young like Saturn? What the heck's going on?
    Save the Liturgy, Save the World, and save me from mere speculation, Padre.
  • Adam Schwend
    I suspect that Father has some pressing personal attentions that he would like prayers for. Could be a family member, a fellow priest, a public figure, an upcoming appointment, or just that feeling we get when one senses the presence of evil around ourselves or those we know/love.

I suspect if Father Z felt that he wanted us to know specifically what was going on, or if he felt we would best served to know, that he would simply tell us. In the mean time, we continue to pray for him and all priests.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Ah... 1 Peter 5:8-9 - the Lectio brevis at Compline. What a good way to end the day.
  • Absolutely, Adam. I meant no disrespect.
    On the other hand, as I scootered through the back streets of my once pristine little burg, I passed by the downtown cineplex and saw, in the morning smog, folks on lounge chairs and cots lined up from the box office and around the corner. Then I knew one of the reasons for prayer.....that darn Harry Potter again. How I've managed to not read nor see any of Rowling's phenomenon despite having grandkids, is a quiet, guilty pride within my bosom.
    Prayers for all priests, f'sure. Beelzebub does seem to have quite the bead on them of late.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Hmm... was it also that way with J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings?
  • marajoymarajoy
    I'm confused? Who is Father Zed? (I mean, I know who Fr. Z is... but also, for the record, I definitely just googled "MSF" to try and figure out which blog it is, before realizing the answer was right in front of me. Apparently my head isn't quite screwed on right today...)
  • Chris AllenChris Allen
    Marajoy, Charles is in a bit of a British mood right now.... :-)
  • IanWIanW
    You say tomado, ...
  • Scots mood, Chris, Scots.
    But one of our priests most in need of our prayers: Fr. John Hunwicke.
  • IanWIanW
    Amen, Charles.
  • chonakchonak
    Fr. Hunwicke's address at the Anglican Use Conference was inspiring (and often amusing).