A little movie
  • chonakchonak
    A 16-minute film called "Validation".
    Does the character's persistently upbeat nature remind you of anyone we know?
  • OK, I'll bite: No, does not remind me of anyone I know. Whom is it supposed to remind me of?
  • I have a little list....he sang.
  • McCarthy had a list but he did not sing.

Sumpin' tells me that my almost total isolation from popular culture is showing here.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    That is an incredibly inspiring film. i nearly cried at the end (nearly).
  • Yes, Jeffrey, it is inspiring. I saved a link so I can watch it a few more times. It speaks to me personally, saying, Look how much you can help others with just a kind word.

I am still clueless re Chonak's comment and Noel's little list.
  • chonakchonak
    Hi, Joseph!

I'm assuming that most readers have been to a CMAA colloquium and met a lot of the regular forum participants in person. We have at least one or two who are consistently ready to encourage people effusively.

But if that doesn't ring a bell for you, I'm sorry for any puzzlement!
  • AOZ

PERIOD
  • AOZ! Agreed.
  • Chonak -- Oh! No, I have never been to Colloquium. I live in Mexico, have for eight years, and visa-renewing time each year conflicts with Colloquium. Two more years and I will have a permanent visa. Then I will be free to go to Colloquium.

Charles and Noel: Chonak clears up one mystery, now you two introduce another one. And then there's Noel's little list .....