No shortage of wonderful things to do but....
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    It would be a glorious thing to create a book of just the Willan introits (only introits) for Mass arranged by the new Catholic calendar.

it is pretty cumbersome to use as is
  • CharlesW
    I know. I used one of them for confirmation introit. I had to select the introit with the right words, and ignore the Sunday designation, which was not correct for the new calendar. Wonderful music, though.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Copyright status? Would it be legal to do it?
    They are absolutely public domain.
    Which one can easily discover by looking at the renewal database at Stanford. Strikingly, not a single piece by Willan was ever renewed, and that means that anything published in the U.S. in 1963 and before is available.
  • I'm thinking about starting this project. Anyone want to collaborate? What do we do for the "missing weeks" in the current calendar?
    THe missing weeks just have to stay missing, it seems to me.

This would make a fantastic publication. How long would it be? 60 pages or so? They would be so so so great to have in the loft.

Of course the CMAA is happy to publish if you provide publishable files. But you are of course welcome to post on your own print on demand site or whatever. either way.

If you do this, I hope that you would consider putting your engraving into the Creative Commons as a gift to the Church.
  • -b
    This would be wonderful! Godspeed!
  • bgeorge77
    But the copyright page says "© Complete Edition. Copyright 1967 Concordia Publishing House"

Wouldn't that remove it from public domain, having been renewed in 1967?

I am not at all familiar with the way copyright works.
  • bgeorge77
    Attached is a PDF of a one-page for the first Sunday in Advent... is this kind of what you're looking for or did you want it done from scratch?
  • ralvarez
    look more carefully at the copyright. The introits are earlier. This is merely a newer edition of the original copyright. Still not renewed.
  • I am doing just what you suggested (Introits w/Gloria Patri) for the whole of the year for my choir. I am up to Christmas II. When I am done, I am happy to make available my files.

J. Mark Dunn
    Excellent
  • I am finished compiling the introits into one book with the correct Gloria Patri following each Psalm verse. For my purposes, I am keeping them in order according to the former calendar.

For your purposes, you want them in order according to the current Missal, am I right?

It is easily enough done: I will use the handy-dandy tables provided. It will take me a bit longer to accomplish this as I am about to go on retreat for 2 weeks.

Br. Macarius (Mark) Dunn, O.S.B.
    Right! fantastic.
  • Aaron
    I have used some of the main seasonal introits for two years. My favorites are Holy Thursday, Easter, Ascension and Pentecost. Having the Gloria Patri on the same page will make things alot easier I have had to cut and paste those for my choir.
    Yes, this is true.