Ward Seminar at CUA
  • rogue63
    Anybody coming to the Ward Seminar this week? I will be, courtesy of my school.
  • rogue63
    Small class for Ward I---only six of us. It's great! Exactly what children need in order to sing well. I am struck by the great similarities between the Ward methology and Orff-Schulwerk. Where they differ so fundamentally is that the Schulwerk advocates expression at the expense of communication, and Ward----in her own words---is entirely motivated by a love for beauty and a desire to share it with others.

Deus vult!
  • musings
    Well, have fun. WIsh I could join you. Learn much.
  • So far, so good! The method is wonderful for introducing young students to sight-singing. The daily mass offered by Fr. Skeris is quite beautiful.
    The only problem is having homework after being out of school for (undisclosed) years!
  • Ah, wish I could do this some year: not enough vacation time and no study-leave allowed!
  • rogue63
    I don't want to gush, but this is absolutely life-changing for me. This method is absolutely the best. I've looked for and dreamed of something like this ever since I started teaching music 10 years ago: how does one teach the real fundamentals to young children? I've read the first edition Ward books from MusicaSacra, but this seminar has done it. I was totally convinced before, but now I feel invincible. May God bless the work of of the Centre for Ward Method Studies.