Is this a parish you'd work at?
  • Summer Clergy
    Our Lady.............
    ......................., FL

Priest in good standing (must get faculties from Diocese prior to July) wanted for summer Mass coverage (Month of July 1, to Aug 15 all or part). Duties are to celebrate daily Mass (11 am) 3 times a week, weekend Masses (Sat 4, Sunday 8, 9:30, & 11). Funerals during daily Mass, 3 weddings, and emergency calls. Stipend will be provided as well as accommodations on the river. Must be willing to accept direction from our lay leaders. Send email to above address.
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    Yeah.

Good luck with that.
  • I think that this is a prime example of what is wrong with the Catholic church today.

It's OUR church. You'll do things OUR way. We are unwilling to forgo the pleasures of life as you have, Father, but that doesn't matter. You are an employee and you will do what we say.

Could it be that this parish is notorious enough that no one from the Diocese is willing to fill in?
  • TCJ
    Can I relate to that or what. I know a parish that was once run by a large group of the laity with the pastor letting them do whatever they wanted. That all changed when the new pastor came in. Now there are only a couple of laity that tell him what to do. Honestly, unless you're a bossy modernist who wants to play god at a parish and rule over the pastor, it's really hard to keep a job working at a parish.