ICEL's Missal Chants in Neumes!
  • OlbashOlbash
    Thank you! Peace and blessings upon all who are responsible for this!
  • WJA
    Very cool and thanks!

If this was done in Gregorio, can the source file (.gabc) be posted, too? This lets one customize layouts.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    It is not done in Gregorio, but could be. Any takers?
  • chonakchonak
    I'd be interested in working on it in Gregorio too, but I have some other work to do earlier. In any case, people are welcome to use my web interface to Gregorio as a tool.
  • I'm taking it…
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    The more editions the better. I had toyed around with the idea of requesting the Vidi Aquam in there, but then I looked at the actual chant in English. Ummmm. Well, let me just say that it didn't settle well in my ear. It strikes me as probably the weakest rendering in the entire Missal. Palmer-Burgess is MUCH better. Even better: the actual Vidi!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    What Richard Chonak has done with GREGORIO is truly life-changing and amazing.

My prayer is that every Catholic soon discovers this "secret" and takes advantage.

It is ... life-changing. I am very serious.
  • incantuincantu
    I have been doing the English Vidi aquam from ICEL every week during Easter, and I think it wears well and stands up to the chant-like Rice entrance songs and Kelly psalms. I only wonder why an Asperges is not included, why these two texts which function as optional parts of the Ordinary have been systematically replaced in published worship aids and hymnals, an if that will change with the advent of the new translation.
  • chonakchonak
    Speaking of the wonderfulness of Gregorio, the Norcia monastery's booklet of table blessings has been republished. Elie Roux, a friend of the monastery, typeset it in Gregorio and LaTeX.
  • I took the liberty of setting the Confiteor for this edition.

English Missal Chants in Neumes (1.7MB, 36pp. letterhalf)
  • chonakchonak
    That's attractive!
  • John B
    My own humble submission of a chanted confiteor. Will post a few others if anyone is interested.
  • This is wonderful!
    What is the legal status of it? When and how freely may it be copied and used for teaching a paedagogy?
    Is this material public domain, or is it the property of the bishops and their publishers?
  • Kathy
    Thanks!