Quick video of Mass with Children's Schola
  • Heath
    On the Monday after Easter 4, we had a Novus Ordo Mass in Latin for a children's Schola that I'd been working with all semester. 5 kids total, pulled from my homeschooling group. I taught them chant notation via the order of the Mass, all in Latin. Tremendous fun!

Anyway, here's a quick video from the Mass (video hosted by one of the moms . . . hope the direct link works!), the Alleluia.

Link

Things to note:

--Our lovely chapel!

--The handsome conductor! ; )

--Funny story: during the second repetition of the tune, one child was singing . . . er, robustly. : ) His younger brother, who determined that his volume level was overbearing, attempted to cover his mouth and quiet him down. I almost laughed! Kids are great!
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    This really reminded me of Mass at the Colloq....Latin Mass, English Alleluia...it's sort of like being hit by a Mack Truck, but in a good way.
  • Heath
    FNL, only because I forgot to put a translation of the verse in the aide! Heck, I forgot about the verse altogether . . . we had just sung the first Alleluia, and the verse I used in the video was the translation in the Gregorian Missal. Whoops.
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    Busted!