[UPDATED] New CD From St. Gregory's Academy (FSSP)
  • ossian1898ossian1898
    Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that we have just released a new CD from St. Gregory's Academy. The CD includes the entire Requiem Mass, along with several selected Gregorian Chants, Sacred Polyphony, a new Ave Maria composition (by yours truly), and several of Kevin Allen's Motecta Trium Vocum.

The schola is made up of 12 boys, all juniors and seniors, from the academy with myself as the director. They worked very hard on this album as they do for every Mass we sing. Typically during the school year we sing two Missa Cantatas per week along with any other feasts that may occur. We also travel for special Masses and performances.

All proceeds go to support the school. The price is a modest $9.99. Right now it is available here on DigStation.com but it will soon appear on iTunes and AmazonMP3. We will also begin selling it on compact disc shortly, but we are waiting until the stock arrives - hopefully Friday.

Here is a link to the new CD!
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    Great project! Nice being able to listen to samples from the MP3 site. You and the young men did a very nice job putting this togeter, especially since you sing two Masses a week already.

It's nice to hear a CD with non-standard repertoire mixed in, left me wondering who wrote that, how'd they do this....

Thank you for your hard work. A CD like this really helps establish a school's position in people's minds. Should be of great interest to prospective parents, but especially grand parents.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    This is a WONDERFUL CD. Congrats !!!!

I just blogged about it HERE
  • noel jones, aagonoel jones, aago
    Of course, since this is the home of:

http://www.pennhost.com/matt/Neume_Song_Example.mp3

It makes sense.
  • miacoyne
    Noel or someone could post the link to the sample mp3 of the CD? (Sorry, I cannot find it.) Thank you.
  • miacoyne
    This is BEAUTIFUL!! What an insperation to hear these young men singing chants so beautifully. Thanks Noel for the link (I saw that page before and didn't know they were samples.)
  • ossian1898ossian1898
    Thank you everyone for your kind comments. We just got our actual CDs today. They should be going up on the website shortly. I'll bump this post when they do and when it shows up on iTunes.

The boys are very excited. It is extremely gratifying to actually hold one of these CDs in your hands and see what hard work can accomplish, especially since they are just high school kids.
  • ossian1898ossian1898
    [UPDATED]

The CD is now on iTunes, Amazon, and everywhere else now. Amazon actually sells it for $8.99. Please consider supporting the good work of the Fraternity of St. Peter at St. Gregory's Academy!

Purchase at Amazon.com here: Ecce Quam Bonum
    Purchase on iTunes here: Ecce Quam Bonum

Physical CDs can be purchased from the school directly at (570) 842-8112 or from CD Baby here.