Specific Service(s) and Other Suggestions
  • So, I just received my free gift for taking OCP's survey, and also received a Customer Satisfaction Survey along with it. It was great to select whatever CD I wanted from them, and they were very speedy with the order process.

At the end of their CSS, they ask: "What other specific service(s) could we offer you?" and "Other suggestions:"

Any suggestions for suggestions?
  • Yeah, re-constitute their editorial board.
  • marajoymarajoy
    let's be helpful, now... ;-)
  • While the intent of your, what may be considered cavalier by some [though this may be without merit when one takes into consideration the tenor of the times] who read and analyze your message, which may be interpreted, possibly without sufficient cogitation though that may be an error in the thinking on those who, possibly for good reason, who find it a bit less than civil in tone - case in point the polite note from ms. marajoy who emphasized the woeful reality that printed words require a picture of a thousand words, or in this case, three type-strokes, to convey the true import of your own brief message, it carries special weight since it fails to be crafted with the full glory of the words that we share in the English language, a language that you normally are able to spin into creations that provoke thought, thought required to undertake, no, to understand what, through politeness, your intend.

Please be constantly aware that one smiley face can travel miles to import the true richness of meaning, as Ms. Marajoy has so done.
  • I second Charles' sentiment!

OK - on a more charitable note: If they could only come up with a product that would meet standards set by such hymnals as Hymns Psalms and Spiritual Canticles, Adoremus, St. Michael's, and (from what I've read about) The Catholic Hymn Book (used at the Oratory in London), OCP would be rich in so many ways. Many more parishes would be singing as Holy Mother Church prescribes, and far more hymnals would be sold, making up in sales probably lost from CD's from sacro-pop artists (names withheld for the sake of charity) that would be a now-former "hot commodity".

My attempt at charity. After all, in just a few short hours, we well rejoice in the Lord's resurrection with a resounding ALLELUIA!

Peace,
    BMP
  • I am sure that the percentage of books and music that we would consider appropriate at any of the publishers represents their evaluation of size the current market for it.

For publishers for profit, the market is what drives them.
  • Noel, I'm flattered...or maybe deflated...;-p
  • Reflation is always possible!
  • I think flagellation is the only worthy recourse, mon ami.