Catholic Church in Mackinac Island/Mackinaw City, MI
  • I am planning a vacation to Mackinac Island/Mackinaw City, MI in June and wanted to know if anyone was familiar with St. Anne Church on the island or any other Catholic Church in the general area that has a very nice liturgy. I'll be there with my wife and two boys (toddler and infant). We want good liturgy, but we want to feel welcomed as well, since we have small children with us.
  • marajoymarajoy
    Well... I went there last fall for a couple days in an "off-season," about a week before the island officially closed. My friend and I were the only people there for the daily noon Mass, and uh, let's just say that the priest answered his cell phone in the midst of preparing the offertory. yeah. I kid you not. (to summarize the rest of the Mass, I think it was decent, but if I remember correctly he may have attempted a little "chit-chat" with us or improvised at a couple other places during the service.)

I mean, he was a really nice priest, and I'm sure it was a valid Mass, and I'm SURE that you will "feel welcome" if you go there! (and I also believe that poor liturgy is better than no liturgy! --if you would dispute that, then I suggest that you reexamine your reasons for attending Mass! ;-)

So, I can't speak for the rest of the summer.