Director of Liturgy & Music
  • St. Matthew Catholic Church, located in Virginia Beach, Va., is seeking a full time Director of Liturgy and Music. This position which reports directly to the pastor is responsible for planning, implementing, and conducting all Liturgical events. In addition, the director will recruit, train and direct choirs and cantors. The successful candidate will be skilled vocally as well as at piano, organ and composition. A Master of Arts in Pastoral Liturgy and Music, or an equivalent degree and experience is required. Salary will follow Diocesan guidelines and be proportionate to education and experience. Résumés may be sent to Rev. John A. Abe: email to jabe@richmonddiocese.org; USPO to 3314 Sandra Lane, Virginia Beach, Va. 23464; or fax to 757 420 7734. Closing date for this position is May 15, 2011.
  • kevinfkevinf
    Fr. Abe,

In the interest of disclosure, it would be helpful to publish your salary range. Many musicians come with experience and a prior salary history and would want to know what you possibilities are so they might fit within your parameters or not. As one who just finished a job search, I know it would have saved much heartache to know this information.
    Thank you and I wish you a successful search.
  • chonakchonak
    [I'm closing this thread to comments as is our usual practice for job openings.]
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions