English Requiem Chants- People's Mass Book
  • Hello All,
    I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the English Requiem Mass settings from the People's Mass Book. I believe the publication date was circa 1966, though I could be wrong. I'm doing a funeral on Saturday, and if anyone could email me a copy I would greatly appreciate it!
  • David DeavyDavid Deavy
    Andrew,

I have a People Mass Book - Daily Missal of that vintage, It has 2 Mass for the Dead, but it is melody only would that help?

David Deavy
  • Hi David,
    If it's not too much trouble for you to scan and email me, that would be great! (my email is: andrew.coyne1@gmail.com). Ideally, I would like to have the accompaniment, but the melody version would still be very useful. If you'd rather not scan the whole thing, I'm especially interested in looking at the Introit, Offertory, and Communion. Thanks a million!
  • TCJ
    I have the organist's version of the People's Mass book. I was just looking at it today to see if it had something I needed in there (it didn't!). The date is 1966, so it's probably the one you're looking for. If I remember, I'll scan it tomorrow when I head back to the church and then email it to you.
  • David DeavyDavid Deavy
    Sent over my files.

David Deavy
  • TCJ
    Hm. After closer examination, my version is 1964 (I THOUGHT I had seen 1966) and it does NOT have any English Requiem Mass settings in it, unfortunately. I guess I have the wrong version.