Video of Introit being sung DURING procession?
  • marajoymarajoy
    does anyone have a video of this? There are lots of videos on youtube that have a hymn being sung while the procession is occurring, then the introit begins sometime during the incensing or once the clergy is at the altar. Does anyone know of a video that has the introit being sung WHILE the clergy and servers are walking down the aisle for the procession?
  • marajoymarajoy
    hmm...thanks but...one without organ accompaniment?
  • Mark P.
    hmm...you're welcome...I think?
  • incantuincantu
    You mean of it being done the normative way?
  • marajoymarajoy
    yes, please! (I am trying to convince my fiance to have this done for our wedding, but he can't seem to imagine a procession with unaccompanied chant! I need to show him how COOL it can be! lol)
  • I am so happy to hear of your marriage! What Introit do you propose singing? I'll join you in the search for such a video.
  • rollingrj
    Are there any clips from "Sacred, Beautiful, and Universal" that could be employed? Perhaps there is something at Corpus Christi Watershed that, while it found its way to the cutting room floor, might have been saved for future usage.
  • marajoymarajoy
    I don't care what the actual introit is in the video, since it's more the "atmosphere" that I want to convey. And I haven't really thought about or looked at possibilities for which introit for the actual wedding, it's just the idea we're discussing right now.
  • BruceL
    Mara,

One of my good friends (he's on this board some) was married in the EF and used the introit among other chants(it was a Solemn High Mass at St. Francis de Sales here in St. Louis.) However, due to the different arrangement of things in the old Mass, I believe the clergy just come in from the sacristy. In any case, I will see if they have a video, and if so, I'll see if they have what you need and can cut it.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Isn't there video of Jeff O's ridiculously awesome wedding?