Chants for Good Friday and Easter Vigil Epistles
  • Hello. Can anyone please direct me (quickly!) to a source for the chant tones for the Epistles for Good Friday and Easter Vigil? I know they are all supposed to be similar in their format, and being in my first year as Organist-Choirmaster and Schola Master in a magnificent Traditional Parish which only offers the Latin Tridentine Mass in Extraordinary Form I need to be doubly certain this is all done absolutely correctly and with grace and beauty.

If you would be so kind, anything anyone can point me towards or send me to will be GREATLY appreciated. My regular email is scottfop@aol.com.

Thank you all, in advance. I do hope to hear back from you very soon. Pax. -SF
  • chonakchonak
    There's a Holy Week book available from the musicasacra.com website; look under "Chant Books" and then
    "Officium Majoris Hebdomadæ Et Octavæ Paschæ (Sung Liturgy of Holy Week) (1923)".

It predates the 1950s Holy Week reforms, so I'll leave it to others to say whether it's complete.
  • JahazaJahaza
    It predates the 1950s Holy Week reforms, so I'll leave it to others to say whether it's complete.

No, you'll need to edit the texts for the at least some of the readings (e.g. the Passion on Palm Sunday) to conform to those in the missal.