I almost fell off my chair!
  • marajoymarajoy
    sorry for the lack of a helpful topic title (I HATE it when other people do that... :-P )

I figured if you have enough time to click on that title, then you might find this worth your while...

I just got an email from our diocesan worship person regarding music/liturgy for First Communion Masses, and at the bottom it said this:

"Since our parishes use such a variety of hymnals, I do not have a list of music suggestions for Holy Communion. However, I do not recommend the theology found in "Take the Bread, Children" by Herbert Brokering (GIA). ".

woot! finally! something remotely helpful from them!
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    "Since the state of music organization in this diocese is a total disaster, I can not make any statements which will make sense. However, I do recommend some probably-heretical 'theology' from a Lutheran."
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
  • Jeffrey Quick
    Uh, yeah, I wouldn't recommend that theology either. It seems like there's a certain key concept missing....even for the Lutherans!
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Oh wow....
    I totally misread that.

"I DO NOT recommend."

Thank goodness.
  • Personally, I'm shocked that GIA allowed anything to be printed with the word "thine" in it. A typical GIA lyric ought to read "Break the bread, children, break the bread, / For the breaking is the sign / All is mine and all is yours."