• francis
    Had to post this which I stumbled upon looking for something else...

We must be in the world, but not of it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Satani
  • francis
    OK... now this is what I suspected...

I clicked on the link for "Black Mass" and my suspicions were confirmed.

For you who support and uphold communion in the hand, I suggest you think again.

"Given the modern practices of the Latin Rite of the Catholic Church, which permits parishioners to receive the host in the hand (one can also steal one if they receive it on their tongue and then remove it), it is possible to steal a host in that manner. Though priests and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion are cautioned to be on the look out for persons who do not immediately consume the host, there are usually too many parishioners at any given Mass or Communion Service to ensure that no hosts are stolen in this manner."

Here's the page:

and because Wiki has the ability to adapt (like the borg) and change on the fly, I have taken a picture of the page so you won't forget it!

Here is the remedy for this atrocity:

Pray the prayer given to us in 1916 by St. Michael the Archangel just prior to the appearance of Our Lady of Fatimar:

"Take and drink the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, horribly outraged by ungrateful men. Repair their crimes and console your God."

These apparitions of Fatima are entirely approved and sanctioned by the Church.

I composed the music for the Fatima Mass of Reparation, which is aired on EWTN from time to time. It follows the liturgical norms for celebrating the "Mass for Forgiveness of Sins" which can be found in the Lectionary.

By the way... it is interesting to me that Satanists always use Latin! And, one of my comebacks for Catholics who don't believe in the true presence, "if the Host isn't the very Body and Blood of Jesus Christ, why are Satanists so intent on stealing it to defame it?"

And as Paul Harvey always used to say at the end of his broadcast "...and now you know the rest of the story."
  • GavinGavin
    Satanism is pretty much just kids who want to annoy overbearing suburban mommy and daddy, and can't get a date or drugs yet.

There are very few sincere practitioners of Satanism, but it's more centered around full embrace of hedonism than worship.

And why steal the Roman host? Because one of the longest lasting and strongest authorities throughout Western civilization is the Roman Church. If a 13 year old wants to rebel against authority, that's the biggest authority available which can't actually punish him. And willful desecration of a host is one of the most offensive sins against the Roman system. Doesn't prove or imply anything except the immaturity and stupidity of the offenders.
  • don roy
    actually theres proof it actually happened in france during the 17th century (complete with infanticide) this usually happened with the wealthy and with royalty.
    decadence is not an invention of the 20thg century.
  • Liam
    I can remember back in the day when there would be kids who would brag about how long they could keep the host on the roof of their mouth without it dissolving...so this is indeed nothing new under the sun (if anything, it would have been harder to observe).
  • don roy
    when i was a kid i went through a rather frightening phase where i read the satanic bible. apparantly a host would be made from dung and other noxious substances and concecrated. (with the obvious insult to God)
    i just remember the moment of clarity where i realized that this satanic thing was bigger then me and perhaps i didnt really want to go there. (thank God almighty!!!)
    i do think that evil tries to make people forget that it exists.
  • CharlesW
    Yes, evil exists. But there are differences between evil and hysteria. Too many have difficulty separating the two.
  • Teen Satanism is about as jejune as teen Wicca....or certain forms of Christianity. But "the real thing" exists; I suspect Bl. Bartolo Longo encountered it, as well as somebody I know who had early been my Wiccan priestess. Personally, it's always stuck me that if you accepted the givens of Christianity enough to adopt the cosmology, it would be hard to play for "the other team". Satanism is beneath Satan; he can and does play a much more subtle game than that. But even if you don't ride the express bus, the slow one can still take you where you (don't) want to go.