• Hugh
    Here's an easy to learn Sanctus we've done for a few years now and is accessable to congregations. You can sing it all to the one homophonic tune, but we've given it some variety by interspersing it with the beautiful Orbis Factor Sanctus.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page at my site, : it's called "Czech Sanctus" (It's from somewhere in medieval Czechoslovakia). There's an mp3 and a pdf. Apologies for the recording - it's from a rehearsal we were doing the night before a Pontifical Mass with a thrown together mob, and is a bit off in some areas & you might just hear me giving instructions at some stage. But it's the only recording I have, and you do get the sense of it. Thanks to my colleague David Duckett for editing out much of my directions.

http://www.fidelitybooks.com.au/Hugh/

Hugh Henry (Melbourne, Australia)
  • I've only recently heard chant-polyphony hybrids (so recently that I don't even know if there's a proper term for them). Of the few I've heard, some haven't impressed me, but this one sounds beautiful, and the polyphony is even simpler (in my feeble estimation) than the chant, yet they're both moving and present their text beautifully. Nice find, Hugh.
  • Hugh,

What a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, gorgeous mp3 performance of that Czech Sanctus.

Wow! I congratulate you!!!!
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Yes, that is just splendid. Just great. Can I ask if we can host that on Ceciliaschola.org?
  • francis
    marvelous performance. truly beautiful music.
  • Hugh
    Thanks, all - very kind of you. Jeff - yes, be my guest re hosting it.

Cheers.

Hugh Henry
  • mjballoumjballou
    Just what I needed to hear on a drab Sunday. What a pity I have only women's schola. I may have to go looking for men! Thanks so much, Hugh.