Something completely different
  • Kathy
    In an effort to take a break from the never-calm waters of our liturgical times, I took a step back into yesteryear and, as always, found this scene from The Bells of St. Mary's endlessly restorative.

Please note that I'm not suggesting any liturgical applications of this material. Oh, and I deleted that one post, btw. Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZUFE6kt2kA
  • JennyJenny
    This is so beautiful. It's heartfelt and spontaneous- and performed where it should be, that is, on the stage.
  • Heath
    I don't know . . . seems to me that Joseph was getting a tad frisky with Mary. If a little boy was putting his hand on my daughter's leg, he wouldn't make it through the performance, that's for sure! : )
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    For good and for bad, I grew up with a priest who reminded me a great deal of Bing-Crosby-as-priest (except a few decades older).
    I've never met Sister Ingrid Bergman, though. Ah, well.
  • Kathy
    Heath, I understand why a good dad would be concerned, but my take is that Joseph is mildly concerned that Mary's skirt might have accidentally been disarranged in the hoisting onto the donkey, and is trying to safeguard her modesty by tugging it down. Too charitable a reading?