Benedictine Liturgy or High Liturgics
  • Who among those familiar with liturgy in our monasteries could name a few Benedictine (or other) monasteries which are noted for their impeccable and painstaking liturgical praxis. I am NOT looking for EF praxis but would prefer to know about NO liturgy in English as well as Latin (one or the other at a given celebration). What do you on the forum suggest for an Anglican Use Roman Catholic who would like to make a retreat to a genuine Benedictine liturgical environment but doesn't want to be immersed in Trent?

By the way - pray for the Anglican Ordinariate! It is already formally established in England and is called the Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham. The Ordinary will, I understand, be entitled to wear mitre and crozier, but no pectoral.
    Pray for the speedy establishment of the ordinariate in this country - we don't know what it will be called, but all Anglican Use parishes will be a part of it.
  • JahazaJahaza
    Limited to the U.S.? There are a number of options in Britain/France/Italy.
  • Bud Clark
    Benedictine abbeys who practice the EF are in the minority ... notably Our Lady of the Annunciation in Clear Creek, OK. Of the rest, St. Meinrad is probably the "best."

Cheers,

Bud Clark
    San Diego
  • kevinfkevinf
    You certainly must consider St. John's in Collegeville. At one time St. Anselm's in St. Louis was good, but it has been a long time since I have been there.