www.choraltracks.com - An exciting new resource for singers and directors...
  • Please check out my new website, www.choraltracks.com, to see how it can help your choir. There are TONS of sample videos and audio. Here is just one:

ChoralTracks.com is an educational tool for singers and music educators. Singers use ChoralTracks not only to learn notes faster but also to learn how to sing more expressively both with audio tracks AND videos (available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod) following along with the sheet music. ChoralTracks are much different than MIDI and piano reduction practice tracks. Matthew Curtis sings all the voice parts giving a much better example for singers. Learn more about Matthew Curtis here. There are four main types of practice tracks:

Balanced tracks give the complete, finished sound with all the voice parts in balanced volume. These tracks are valuable at the end of the learning process hearing your voice part with all the other parts.

Part Predominant tracks turn the volume of one voice part much higher against the other parts. A singer will easily hear his or her part while still faintly hearing the harmonic structure of the other parts around it. These tracks are perfect at the beginning of the learning process.

Part Muted tracks completely mute one of the voice parts with the other parts at full volume. A singer is able to sing along and fit his or her part forming a choir. These tracks are great in the middle or end of the learning process.

Part Left tracks give you the flexibility to hear your part more predominantly or much less predominantly. One voice part is placed on the left speaker channel while the other parts are placed on the right speaker channel. A singer can pan to the left speaker for his or her voice part to be heard more loudly or can pan to the right channel to fade his or her part in the distance against the other parts. These tracks are great especially in the car or to give a little extra assistance for more difficult passages.

I am curious to hear if a resource such as this can be useful to you and your choir. Please comment below and let me know what you think!

Matt
  • Carl DCarl D
    Very nicely done, Matt! I'm impressed.

Does every person in a schola have to subscribe to hear the parts, or just the director?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Here's a link: www.choraltracks.com

This could change the FACE of Church music at Catholic Masses ! Congrats, Matt!
  • It's not just an amazing voice and an amazing technology. The music itself is tremendous. Tools like this are just so exciting. They make it possible to imagine that the future of choral music in the Catholic Church could be very bright indeed.
  • Thank you all!

@ Carl D - There are different subscription plans and download options. You can see at http://choraltracks.com/?page_id=1364 that there are different prices for individuals and to sign up your whole choir/schola. Individual is 6.99/month and full choir is 59.99 a month. The individual account limits the number of IP addresses that can access the account to 4 whereas the choir option allows unlimited IP addresses. It is similar with downloading as well.

@Jeffrey Tucker - Thank you for your support! I work with over 5000 singers a year mostly in high school and college. I hear and see SO MANY boring performances as choirs are so limited in their rehearsal time. I hope that ChoralTracks will challenge singers to actually make music and go beyond just learning the notes on the page.
  • The serious singers in my choirs have devoured study CD's I have created for them and it has been reflected in their performances.

This project is wonderful, thank you!
  • Great to hear, frogman. I want it to be something fun that singers can play in the car and on all mobile devices. Any suggestions of what to record? I have been working very hard on getting more content up.

This goes for everyone...Any repertoire requests/suggestions?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    The entire contents of the Catholic Choir Book.
  • DougS
    I think this is amazing! What materials do you have planned for the men's voices section?
  • Adam. Interesting. I am not familiar with this book. Is there a place to go an sample it and what is it used for?

Doug, the only male voices piece I have planned right now is Biebl Ave Maria TTB TTBB. Other than that they are all SATB. I wish I had more pieces. It will take a while as it is a slow process.

Matt
  • I just made a 7 day FREE trial membership available AND lowered the price for a Choir Membership. Members receive access to ALL streaming videos and audio. Try it out here!

Matt