Worship aid for New Roman Missal
  • I am looking for resources to put in the pews next November. Best would be a simple card, back to back, that would have the new prayers for people to use until they get used to it. Does anyone know of such a resource that may be available?

Fr. Keyes
    Newark, CA
  • Kathy
    Fr.

How about downloading the table on the USCCB website? I think column 3 would be the only section needed.

http://usccb.org/romanmissal/samples-people.shtml
  • Priestboi
    I hope this helps Father. You may need to tweak a few things, but this is the one we use here in South Africa...
  • If this group were to create one with the RM3 Chants and push it, it could have a strong effect.

Include materials for the parish - accompaniments for the chants, outline for the introduction of the new chants and spoken Mass text and homilies....
  • francis
    i offered to help someone on this forum do this but never heard back
  • Hi,

Here are a couple of pages I did re-formatting the items from http://www.icelweb.org/musicfolder/openmusic.php

I dusted off my Lilypond skills, and cobbled these together. I have some earlier ones, but they're still kinds ugly.

Still, I wanted to display what I have thus far. If these are ugly too, don't be timid, tell me.

Cheers,

Mark
  • francis
    great... there is someome else who needs these on this forum
  • As a follow up...

I've got some Greeting stuff on one page with some extra space at the end, and a Gloria page with some space as well.

I was looking at the pdf with the three-column texts posted above. It has multiple examples of a penitential rite. My idea was to take these two pages (Greeting and Gloria) , and put some different options for the penitential rite, rather than just the one "Lord, have mercy"

I'm thinking I could get the whole mass onto 7 letter-size pages. That'd make for a worship aid that's made of two tabloid pieces of paper stapled together. Does this sound like a bad setup? I'm trying to balance having the chants there and large enough to read without everyone reaching for their "cheaters" and the other extreme of using up too much paper.

I'm eager to hear feedback if anyone has some.

-Mark
  • aquinasadmirer,

I'm strongly in favor of a one sheet aid to the new texts, but I am sure that there are others would would prefer something more in depth, as you have suggested. Please read this as encouragement.

Others, for consideration, attached is a guide to participating in worship from an Episcopal church. I'd propose that a guide similar to this woudl be very helpful, especially at funerals and other Masses where non-Catholics might be present.
  • FNJ,

Thanks for your advice. I'll look at your attached pdf.

I've been playing around with the layouts and fonts some more, and I may be able to get everything on a tri-folded tabloid piece of paper. So folded, there would be six 5 5/8" x 11" panels of content. My wife described it as, "y' know, like a menu" The size of the staff in this setup would be about the same size as the those in the GIA Worship and Gather (Red and Blue) books. I figure that those would not be considered too small for the folks in the pews (including me).

-Mark