Our Lady of Joy (!), Carefree, AZ (!!!)
  • BruceL
    From the AGO jobs website...is this for real (I'm just wondering about the name!) I can't imagine someone would "troll" the AGO website with a job ad, but if there's ever been something I wondered about, this would be it!

http://www.jobtarget.com/c/job.cfm?sort=date_&t3961=46099&t733=&t730=&t731=&t735=&vnet=0&str=1&t3960=&max=25&site_id=10770&jb=7530051
  • chonakchonak
    Oh, I've heard of things named for O.L. of Joy before.

Here's the description:

Director of Liturgical Music

Our Lady of Joy Roman Catholic Church, located in Carefree Arizona, is seeking a full time Director of Liturgical Music to lead our Music Ministry. This position will report directly to the Pastor.

The Director of Music serves as the principal musician, organist, and choir director and is responsible to plan, direct, and accompany sacred music for all Weekend and Holy Day Masses, funerals, weddings, and other liturgical celebrations.

The Director will be responsible to recruit, supervise, and provide musical and vocal training of choir members and cantors. The position will also have administrative and liturgical responsibilities.

The Director must possess a broad ecclesial repertoire of liturgical music and literature and have a mature understanding of the documents of the Roman Catholic Church with regard to liturgical music.

Candidates must possess the minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Music or related field.

Professional certification from a nationally recognized musicians' guild is desirable. Candidates must be proficient in organ and piano, vocally trained, and have a minimum of three years of work experience in a liturgical church music setting.

Salary is commensurate with professional work experience and credentials.

To apply, candidates must submit a complete packet consisting of a current resume, cover letter, and CD or DVD recording demonstrating proficiency in instruments and vocal skills. Materials should be sent to the attention of Mrs. Lynda Rando, Human Resources, Our Lady of Joy Catholic Church, P.O. Box 1359, Carefree, Arizona 85377. Electronic submissions may be sent to lrando@oloj.org No phone calls.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions