Chant Workshop Video
  • gregpgregp
    Last October we had a workshop at our church. Here is a video clip that one of the attendees recorded for us. We had 43 people attend, and the clip runs from the Credo through the post-Communion motet.

This is an EF Mass, with both beginners and advanced, so the quality is uneven, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out. Many people want to be in on the next one, which we intend to hold in September.

http://www.monterey-tlm.blogspot.com/
  • Looks like an awful lot of traffic in the choir area....
  • Very exciting to see this posted, the traffic around the choir reminds me so much of the Colloquium in PA as singers migrated from choir location.

The clear conducting by all inspired an obvious calmness about everything.

I didn't expect a polyphonic Sanctus and it was like coming upon a stained glass window after passing window after window of clear glass, one of those moments that cause chills. Thank you for this.

September can't come soon enough!
  • gregpgregp
    A word about the traffic... it's actually a wonderful thing, I think. For insurance reasons, we can't go up in the choir loft. Being in the back by the main doors, we are immediately visible and audible to everyone who comes through, and because we are one of the California Missions, we get a LOT of tourist traffic. So we embrace this as a fantastic opportunity for evangelization - how many tourists (i.e., non-Catholics) does the average parish see every Sunday? We have people coming up to us every Sunday after Mass, asking questions about the music and thanking us for doing this.