• Kathy
    Doing anything special for Gaudete Sunday? Or for Our Lady of Guadalupe?
  • gregpgregp
    Singing the Gregorian Introit for the first time!!
  • Ditto here with the Introit. Coupling it with Tournemire's setting from L'Orgue Mystique (with which I have become obsessed lately).
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Same old same old, Purcell's Rejoice in the Lord alway (sometimes we do O Thou that tellest instead). This will be the first time we use it as entrance music, though: will cue rising for procession around m185, and add chanted verse and Gloria Patri at end.
  • We're going to try a new Kyrie, Kyrie Salve, ad libitum XI, which is noted for Sundays of Advent and Lent in my Liber. For years, we've done the mode VI one from Mass XVII.
    Otherwise, the Gaudete propers. That Gradual has a huge range for chant! Even the full schola bit at the end, just on the word "Joseph" runs from re below the staff to fa above it.
  • francis
    We have a huge Mexican population so we have a half mile procession through the town with candles and the image of Our Lady, rosary, mass and then an authentic fiesta
  • Dan F.Dan F.
    My parish has been celebrating a weekly EF low mass for about a year. This liturgical year my schola is singing about once every 1-2 months for a sung mass. We are singing the full mass with gregorian propers tomorrow!
  • Saint Edward, Newark, CA (10:00 AM Missa Cantata, OF)
    Gregorian proper from Graduale w/ Mass XVII (Kyrie C).
    After Offertorium- "This Is the Record of John" ... Orlando Gibbons
    After Communio w/ Psalm (Richard Rice's setting)- Motet: "Cum audisset Joannes" ... Diego de las Muelas
    After Final Blessing- "Alma Redemptoris Mater" ... Tonus simplex
    Student organist to accompany Mass XVII and play "Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland" from Bach's Orgelbuechlein as
    postlude.
  • I will be subjected to the same nonsense that I have heard since 1990, no doubt.
  • francis
    ... o ... and THAT mass celebrates with a mariachi band. :)
  • At the 11 AM Mass, we (http://www.facebook.com/scholacantorumofthepittsburghoratory) sang Gaudete in Domino for the first time, as well as Dicite Pusilanimes. I played Bach's BWV 601 — Herr Christ, der einge Gottes-Sohn as a postlude.

At the 4 PM Mass I sang the introit, offertory, and communion solo.
  • GavinGavin
    I tried (with some success) a sonata-form improvisation on the Gregorian communion. My choir sang a rather nice shape-note tune by Billings, "Rejoice, Ye Shining Worlds on High".