We really really need a neum edition (or many) of the Missal chants
  • This is really clear that there is a huge demand for a 4-line staff edition of the Missal chants

Any takers? Would be a highly valued gift to the faith.
  • I would be willing to work on this.

Does any one have a suggestion for a preferred clef?
  • Can we get a Google spreadsheet going similar to the one that Adam Bartlett has put together for the Simple Propers?

I think the preferred clef is Do on the top line.

(I'm willing to pitch in as I am able.)
  • Here is a first draft of the Greetings made with Gregorio and LaTex.

I used the Do clef on the second from the top line. This is what is done in the altar missal I have from the 1930s.

(Edit: The forum software thinks that the PDF file is in fact a RAR file, so it will not let me post it.)
  • Let us try again. Download the file and change its name from greeting.rar to greeting.pdf.
  • wonderful!
  • Here's my rendering of the greeting. I have the intention to typeset all the Missal chants this way, but this will take some time, as there are many other interesting projects to work on...

Steven
  • I like smvanroode's rendering better. I was attempting to imitate ICEL's original style too closely.
  • Beautiful!
  • Eeck! I just discovered that there are simple settings and . . . not simple simple settings. Some of the latter is truely in need of neumatic notation! The melismas! The melismas!
  • The simple chants for the beginning and the end.