Entrance Antiphon for Sunday November 14
  • daniel
    I know this question has been asked many times before, but I'm too lazy to look through all the past postings! On Sunday November 14 the Entrance Antiphon from the Sacramentary is "The Lord says My plans for you are peace and not disaster...". The choir will sing that to Psalm tone 8G, but what verses go with it?
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    Psalm 85: 2, 3, and 13 (in the contemporary numbering of the Psalms. This would be Psalm 84 in pre-Vatican II Bibles).

Here's how I arrived at that. This is one of the majority of cases where the Entrance Antiphon in the Sacramentary (which you provided) thankully corresponds exactly with the Introit in the Graduale (Dicit Dominus: Ego). The verse given there is Psalm 85:2. The book to be consulted for extra Psalm verses for long entrance processions is the Versus Psalmorum et Canticorum. This book is organized according to the Extraordinary Form calendar, so after looking up Dicit Dominus: Ego in the Liber Usualis and seeing it is used on the 23rd Sunday after Pentecost in the Extraordinary Form, one can look up the verses in the Versus Psalmorum et Canticorum, which provides the additional verses - 3 and 13!

Wasn't that easy??
  • daniel
    That was easy! Thanks so much.