More on the Mundelein
  • mjballoumjballou
    While I'm quite enjoying perusing my new Mundelein Psalter and I can certainly see its advantages for groups of largely non-musicians, I do pine for antiphons (a point noted by Dr. Mahrt). At the same time, I love the simplicity of the psalms. I also find the quality of the typesetting and the paper quite entrancing.

Well, someone is obviously paying attention to Dr. Mahrt because there is now a set of "through-composed" antiphons and a responsory for the Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul. See it here.
  • Jan
    I agree with you. The new Mundelein Psalter is a delight. The simplicity of these well crafted tones are fabulous. I did check out the
    'through-composed' antiphons (Feast of Sts. Peter and Paul). Sorry to say I was disappointed. To my ear, the language sounded awkward against these short monosyllabic lines. The cadences felt strange & the quarter bars ill placed. But maybe I should go back and give it
    another shot.
  • G
    I'm probably being dense, but where on that page are the antiphons for the Feast of Ss P & P?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Jan
    G

Click on 'Invitatory Card' download left center.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Jan - I know what you mean. When I sang through the antiphons, they seemed awkward and somewhat jerky.