Houston Chant Practicum...Thank You!
  • Voce
    Just back from the Houston Chant Practicum. I'm a newbie at Chant, and the entire weekend was wonderful. Scott, your workshop was perfect, and your teaching inspired...it seems amazing that even a dolt like me could learn that notation. The talks by Bill Mahrt and Jeffrey Tucker gave constructive voice to the decades of frustration and loss I have felt at the state of Church music in nearly every parish I have attended since I was a youth. And to cap it off, there was that opportunity to sing with so many skilled folks at sacred Mass in that beautiful cathedral. It is so wonderful to have discovered the CMAA and its work...thank you all so very much (with a big thanks too to John Burchfield and others from St Theresa's in SugarLand who brought all this to Houston). Now back to our parish to see what I can do, in any small way, to help. I'll be back for more instruction and inspiration...see you in New Orleans!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    This is truly wonderful to hear.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Oh my goodness what a wonderful few days! I had a blast.
  • miacoyne
    Voce, thank you for sharing. It remindes me of the first chant workshop (summer chant intensive) I attended 3 years ago. What a blessing for me to find CMAA and chant whorkshops. Thank you all the staff members and Scott T.for his love of chant and our Holy Church.
  • It was a blast and fantastic in so many many ways. Sometimes I feel bad for any Catholic musician who has not attended a CMAA event. They are missing out on so very much, musically and strategically and in terms of overall spirit.
  • John B
    So glad that you all enjoyed your visit to Houston . . . we'll have to do it again!
  • jhd
    I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a lot. Thanks for hosting the conference!