High School Women's Ensemble
  • Hi!
    I am a music teacher at a small Catholic high school, and am looking for suggestions for simple/moderately challenging music for a women's ensemble I have just started. The students, grades 7-11, are interested in sacred polyphony and madrigals, either Latin or English, preferably arranged for SA, SSA, or SAA. Right now we have 8-10 singers, all with increasing sight-reading ability, and thus far they have learned some basics of Gregorian chant as well as some simple 3-part Renaissance music.

Any suggestions of particular pieces of music or resources would be most helpful! Thanks and God Bless.
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    May I please offer for your kind consideration these beautiful SSA Motets by Kevin Allen?

MOTECTA TRIUM VOCUM (3-part Motets for SSA or TTB)

You can view the entire PDF online before you decide to purchase.

Also, there are 56 practice videos, that allow each singer to learn her part perfectly

We are in our second printing, and I must tell you that that the BINDING came out beautifully !!! Click here to HAVE A LOOK

• francis
    Here is a good resource for your ensemble.

http://musicasacra.com/pdf/secunda.pdf
  • Thank you both so much! I do plan to purchase the Kevin Allen book sometime soon - it's been on my wish list since this summer, actually! And the other link is just a goldmine of good stuff as well!

Thanks and God Bless!