People's Mass Book 1959-1964 edition
  • I am looking for the first People's Mass Book organ accompaniment in Medium key. It had a tan (not brown) flexible cover with plastic spiral binding. I purchased the Low key, 1970 edition and would like to sell it; I'm trying to replace my orignal music from that era. Can anyone help? Thanks
  • bunny2u...why? I'm sure you have a good reason, I know that I was thrilled to find a copy of the Christmas Rene Quinard pieces that I had back then myself.
  • Well, I foolishly got rid of all my music about 6 years ago; I hadn't played for 20 years and now I'm playing again and would really like to have everything I had way back when...48 years ago, I guess! You know how it is...a couple arrangements from this book, a couple from that....I've been blessed to find almost everything, even out-of-print things. But this one is tough. I bought the 1970 version, pretty well knowing it wasn't the correct edition and I was right!
  • I love this book and have this edition. What do you need photocopied?
  • I went to Abebooks but cannot find the organ accompaniment......Paul, is the book you have the TAN cover? What year was it published? I'll know it for sure if it contains Holy Holy Holy Lord God Almighty in two sharps and To Jesus Christ Our Sovereign King in one sharp....is this the book you have?
  • Holy Holy Holy Lord God Almighty is in two sharps, but To Jesus Christ Our Sovereign King is in one flat. The book has a brown cover, with black plastic spiral binding. ©1964
  • Sorry to belabor the point, Paul: is the cover tan like dark caramel? Lisa
  • Yes!
  • very cool! can I phone you?
  • Yes, but send me your phone number at my seminary email address: paulfford@stjohnsem.edu
  • I, too, am looking for an accompaniment (medium or low register) to the People's Mass Book 1964-1972. Any idea where I might find one?
  • I bought the LOW key edition from 1970 and I really want the medium key. If you're still interested, email me at bunny2u@earthlink.net. Also, for everyone else, I can't reach Paul who has the copy I want and offered to copy it for me. Does anyone know him and what might have happened??? I guess I need to start my search again. Lisa
  • Don't start your search again. I've just been very busy: end of semester, music director recovering from surgery so I have to do her duties at major liturgies here, public speaking engagements, etc.
  • Oh, great! Sorry to hear that you've been so busy but am relieved to hear everything's OK on your end.