A glimmer of hope?
  • JDE
    So, the Holy Father has asked that everyone celebrate Vespers I of the First Sunday of Advent for "Nascent Life." I received a note from my pastor this morning to get together on how the Vespers should be done, and he sent the Diocesan link to the instructions.

I was prepared for awfulness in the musical suggestions. What I got instead is -- believe it or not -- Meinrad Psalm tones. Huzzah! And they're not even suggestions - just "this is what to do."

So maybe all is not lost.

Instructions here.
  • JDE
    The fact that Scott T is in charge of the music at the Cathedral now is surely having a salutary effect.
  • In Spanish, too! This needs reposted under the Spanish heading.
  • father samuel weber also just released a brand new compline book. 'brick by brick' . . . .
  • I tried creating settings for these antiphons: let me know if these are sound: as I am new to this. look here
  • SkirpRSkirpR
    Ralph, not having any Antiphonales nearby at the moment, are these based on the Latin antiphons or are they your own neo-Gregorian creations?
  • ralph bednarz, these are really great. keep up the good work.
    SkirpR: I was trying to maintain some melodic structures that are characteristic of these modes for practical reasons:
    keep me from straying off course into another mode or contemporary sound, and to make them feel familiar and predictable for easy learning.