• Hello. I just launched my new blog, Lex orandi, lex credendi. One of the things that I want to highlight is the importance of genuine Sacred Music. Unfortunately, there is a huge dearth down here in the South Texas hinterland. I can't tell you how many times I have had to suffer through the Massive Cremation and the OCP drek. I want this blog primarily to educate my fellow South Texans on the importance of properly celebrated liturgy (especially sacred music).

While I only have two posts and still need to work on the aesthetics, I figured it could still be of some use.

Here is the blog address:

http://benedictgal-lexorandilexcredendi.blogspot.com/

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated.
  • I just posted a new entry on my blog concerning Sacred Music. I was very discouraged with the music my parish used today. It comes from Rise Up and Sing. I suffered through:

Glory and Praise to Our God
    Be Not Afraid
    Eat This Bread (which was not that bad)
    City of God

God deserves better. The Mass deserves better. I am watching the Papal Mass for the Canonization of the Blesseds. This is my opium.
  • This is my opium.

And will you often pepper your blog with Marxist quotations?

;)
  • Mark, I can't even figure out how to put pictures into the blog. I am still learning.
  • Thank you, Jeff! What do you think of it?
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I think it has amazing potential --- if you stick with it. Don't be like my friend, who started a blog and got as far as . . . two entries!

Post as much as you can STEADILY (whether or not you're in the mood), and I believe you will see real results.
  • Thank you, Jeff! I will. I have some ideas already to go. The next thing that I want to tackle involves the revised Translation.
  • Amal:

Go for it!

I just don't know how to post audio/visual on the blog yet. :)
  • I have had 361 hits so far! Most of them have come from the Musica Sacra forum! Thanks, guys!
  • Y'all are great! I now have had 532 hits!
  • I just posted something on sacred music. Week in and week out, Marty Haugen continues to torture me. I don't know how much more of the Massive Cremation I can take, especially his Agnus Dei. Of course, Bob Hurd/Ken Canebo is also pretty bad. The intro to their version of the Sanctus sounds more like the Cheers theme song. Any how, please mosey over the mourn with me.