CHABANEL HAS BEEN HACKED
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I'm receiving reports that WATERSHED'S LITURGICAL SITS have been hacked by virus and malware.

Until I can look into this, PLEASE BE CAREFUL !!!
  • So sorry to hear this- praying.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    I've been noticing "Threat Blocked" messages from my computer all over the site. I was wondering what was up.
  • hmm seems fine to me.
  • francis
    What is the status on your site, JO?
  • yes, would like to know. Any progress? It was completely down yesterday
  • oh it's back!!
  • The Kyriale is not back.
  • By Pray-Tell, OCP, GIA, USCCB?
  • francis
    Daniel... that is cruel! (but very funny)

I think the publishers could be very jealous of JO and Watershed, and rightly so. But bringing down his site, if that were ever true or discovered, would bring a large amount of credibility to his efforts, and they certainly don't want to do that!
  • I doubt they could do it themselves, but I am sure they have the shady contacts!!!!!!!!

(Oh, and the Kyriale is back.)
  • francis
    newmanbe... the Kyriale was never gone really... it was only in eclipse. ;-}
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    MURPHY's LAW:
    "If there's more than one possible outcome of a job or task, and one of those outcomes will result in disaster or an undesirable consequence, then somebody will do it that way"
    or, "Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way."

This law was confirmed this weekend.

I was on the way to my brother's wedding (which was also supposed to be my "stress-free," 2-day, relaxing & enjoyable summer vacation). As I was boarding the plane, I started getting messages that our site had been hacked. This was like a bad nightmare. It was very stressful, but we were eventually able to fix the problems.

The server that was hacked was our old server, which we've been getting rid of (slowly) for some time.

THE GOOD NEWS: All our sites have been moved to the new server, so (hopefully) we will never be hacked again.

We're also in the process of COMPLETELY overhauling the Liturgical sites...stay tuned...great things are on the way!
  • francis
    Jeffrey:

Do you have a substantial BU process?