Looking for Male Voices
  • Hello.
    I can't post this as a legitimate "job" because there is no money in the budget to pay...typical problem :)

I have the blessing to be music director of my home parish, St. Peter in Volo, IL.
    For fun, some of my friends and I started a motet choir. We are singing Palestrina, Tallis, etc. Lots of the "good stuff". We could really use at least one more tenor or bass (we have one person who can sing either) and more would be nice!

Also, since our parish is staffed by the Canons Regular of St. John Cantius, one of the brothers/seminarians started a male schola over the summer. If anyone is in the area who would like the opportunity to sing Gregorian chant propers on a regular basis, please let me know. We are also looking for someone who may be willing to direct this schola, as the brother went back to seminary a few weeks ago. If we don't find a male volunteer, I will take on the responsibility, but I just think it won't be the best situation to have a female director of an all-men schola.

I know great male voices are in high demand, but I am hoping that the opportunity to sing beautiful Gregorian Chant and sacred polyphony on a regular basis may appeal to some people out there!

Thanks for reading!

Stephanie Brune
  • Stephanie--

My family and I had the happy chance of residing over the summer just 2 literal miles from St. Peter's in Volo. We attended Mass there a few times and very much appreciated the work you and the Canons Regular are doing there! I would sing with you if I were still there... maybe next summer.