Cantus Selecti in PDF
  • Available for free download from 4shared.com.
  • Thanks, this answers some questions I had in my mind!
  • oh goodness that is the worst scan in world history. This book is in public domain. We need to get it online for realsies.
  • I downloaded said pdf file, but my Adobe Acrobat will NOT open it!!!

Just last month, I scanned Cantus Selecti. A very clear copy, if I do say so myself.
    I would be most happy to share it with Musica Sacra. Just give me the address
    to which I can US-Mail a disk.

Deo gratias.
  • what's the DPI?

In any case, thank you so much! Please to the Programs address in the footer of the main site.
  • jeff tucker is wrong. this scan is even worse: http://www.wf-f.org/WFFResource/TrinityHymn1.jpg
  • FYI
    Paraclete Press sells new copies of the book used for the above scan (yes, I have now been able to open it!). It is published by Solesmes. Sells for $19.95 and has a very good quality hard binding.
    I had the good fortune to see a copy this past weekend. Note: It is a reprint of the original 1949 book with some modifications. Its reprint dates have been 1995 and 2007 (the one that is available for sale).

The copy that I scanned is an original 1957 imprimatur edition with a 1952 copywright.
    This edition has all of the music in the 1949 (2007 reprint) edition with just one chant that has been exchanged for another, PLUS it has a substantial SUPPLEMENT and NOTATIONS (Adnotationes) in Latin about every song in the book.

Deo gratias!