Organ/instrument collection?
  • Heath
    Friends,

Any suggestions for a good collection for organ/solo instrument? I have a series of talented instrumentalists around here and I have trouble keeping them all busy with preludes, etc. Individual suggestions would be welcome also . . .

BTW, I'll be doing a piece entitled "Mediation on Kyrie de Angelis" with a violinist this Sunday. It's very nice! Published by Canticanova (#6063) and the arranger is Glenn Caluda.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Oh, how I wish I had your problems....
    :)
  • Heath
    Thanks, Mark!
  • francis
    what is your instrumentation? I am always making arrangements for my trumpet player and sometimes string quartet. and what period of music do you prefer?
  • francis
    i have a few adagio, btw... barber, albinoni and koerber (although you might not be familiar with that last one). it's posted on this forum somewhere. i have some bach and handel, debussy, elgar and i just started putting in a lot of the pieces off classicalmidiconnection.
  • Heath
    Francis,

Well, this year I have a couple violins, an oboist, a cellist, a flautist . . . so just about anything you could throw my way would be considered, at the very least. I'd be most thankful if you wanted to send anything in particular to me at: satb98(at)yahoo(dot)com.

*A request, knowing that you have been very gracious in sharing with this forum . . . would you mind putting up anything you'd like to share on the "CMAA Compositions/Arrangements" thread, possibly in addition to a thread of your own devising?* I think the more places you put it, the better chance a newcomer will find it two years from now . . . just a thought!
  • francis
    Heath:

This forum has a problem maintaining files. Therefore, I usually just put all the files on my own unix box and put links to the files. That way things don't disappear when the admin has issues with the forum site. You are welcome to put them up there with my permission if you would like. Just put 'posted with permission from the composer'. :)

Did you see the stabat mater i put up a few weeks ago? That can be done with any combination of your instruments.
  • Heath,

It is not part of a collection, but I've written a suite of pieces for organ and flute. I'd be glad to send it your way if you are interested.

Regards,
    Storm
  • Heath
    Storm,

Yes, please! E-mail above . . .