• Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Probably a lot of you already know about this resource. But... Last time I had looked at it (6-8 months ago) it had some issues. If I remember correctly, it was incomplete, had some missing links, and a few other common "in development" issues....

BUT! I visited this morning and... it's amazing!

I'm talking about CCWatershed's complete listing, with scores and practice recordings, of the Gregorian Propers for the Ordinary Form.
    http://isaacjogues.org/chants/

It's incredible. The singing is wonderful; the scores are all formatted to a single page (you all know how I feel about page turns); and everything is laid out in a way that makes perfect sense.
    I love it! I can't wait to use it!

You could send the recordings and score links to your schola, and start rehearsals with everyone knowing the chants. How great would that be?!
    You could use it as a reference point for writing your own Gregorian inspired vernacular Propers. (That's on my list!)
    You could print out every single page, hole punch them, put them in a giant 3-ring binder and use that binder to smack people in the head when they say that chant is too hard.
    (You could then use that same binder as a kneeler for penance after doing so).

(Now.. if only I didn't work at an Episcopal parish... Oh wait, we probably do more chant than the average Catholic parish anyway....)
  • BachLover2BachLover2
    we use this resource all the time, and i, too, have noticed it is growing. the EF "version" also includes organ accomps. and other treats
  • Just a reminder that a gorgeous resource for the 27th Sunday is the CD "Blessed Is the Ordinary" with Michael Olbash
    and six other wonderful musicians. I think it's a very effective way to expose people to the sacred chant sung truly
    beautifully.