Date released for implementing new translation
  • newmanbenewmanbe
    A press release from the USCCB on the date of implementation of new Missal (in the vernacular): 27 November 2011.
  • kathyf
    Can't come soon enough for me! Have I been waiting my whole life, or what? I'll have to have a party that day.
  • JamJam
    I might just go to a Novus Ordo Mass with friends to celebrate with them :)
  • Maureen
    I think we're allowed to sing a "Te Deum" for this... or at least "O Happy Day". :)

Lessee... feast of St. Seachnall/Secundinus, St. Virgilius/Fergal of Salzburg, St. Fergus the Pict, St. Josaphat, , St. John Angeloptes, St. James Cut-Apart, Blessed Thomas Kotenda and his companions... all folks who knew a bit about the good and bad of translations, I'd say.
  • Why do we not hear more about St Fergus the Pict? Did he paint himself blue?

This is really wondrous news. (To quote the psalmist: 'it is marvelous in our eyes!) A new chapter in the Church's liturgical life has been opened.
    Perhaps now (next Advent to be precise) I will not feel alienated every time I attend the Roman Rite in English.
    If, that is, this translates into appropriately better music and ritual.
  • DougS
    St. James "Cut-Apart" indeed!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    I was "tipped off" in advance of this announcement (by a dear friend).

I've been watching the reactions of our Catholics to this news.

On the whole, most seem very, very happy.

On the other hand, there are a few who seem very upset and hurt that the Church has chosen to adopt more accurate translations of the Mass.
    I imagine they feel a bit LIKE THIS in the wake of this announcement . . .
  • Well, JO, the music is glorious (no comment on the performance, though); however, I shouldn't want to feel like the accompanying video! Umm, is it supposed to have some connexion with the music???