Director of Music (full-time), Cathedral of St. Paul, St. Paul MN
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    The Cathedral of St. Paul is seeking a Director of Music.

Job description includes planning of music for liturgies, direct choirs and organ playing at liturgies. Doctorate preferred but not required. Experience in Roman Catholic liturgical tradition and ability to draw upon the whole range of sacred music. Resume and short biography and any performance materials that you would like to submit. Please forward this information to Deacon Jim Meyer to jmeyer@cathedralsaintpaul.org.

Ensembles include the Archdiocesan Adult choir of 25 members, Cathedral Adult choir with 20 members, and Cathedral Childrens' choir with 15 members.

There is a 1927 Skinner organ in the sanctuary (3 manuals, 30 ranks) and a 1963 Aeolian Skinner organ in the gallery (3 Manuals, 41 ranks). There's a renovation project of both organs currently under way; Quimby is the contracted organ builder undertaking the project (I think).

The salary range being offered is $60,000-$90,000 with the usual benefits. Position Available October 1, the response deadline is August 20.

(I'm posting this in the interest of fair play. The information has been posted to the national and Twin Cities AGO websites, but isn't available anywhere else, so far as I know.)
  • David AndrewDavid Andrew
    Admins: This post needs to be closed to comments, as is the standard practice.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions