Looking for propers
  • Ihidaya
    Am looking for referrals to sources for polyphonic settings of the propers for Masses according to the Missale Romanum 1962 (i.e., extraordinary form) - specifically for the 21st Sunday after Pentecost.

A local group of semi-professional singers have offered to form an ad hoc ensemble to sing the propers for a regularly-scheduled extraordinary form high Mass on October 17 (21st Sunday after Pentecost). Our regular Gregorian chant schola will sing the ordinary, but we are looking for suitable polyphonic settings of the propers for that Sunday - even if the different parts are sung in settings by different composers.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking?

=========================================

The propers for that Sunday are:

Antiphona ad Introitum (Esth. 13:9 et 10-11)
    In voluntate tua, Domine, universa sunt posita, et non est qui possit resistere voluntati tuae: tu enim fecisti omnia, caelum et terram, et universa quae caeli ambitu continentur: Dominus universorum tu es. Ps. 118, 1 Beati immaculati in via: qui ambulant in lege Domini. V. Gloria Patri.

Graduale
    (Ps. 89:1-2)
    Domine, refugium factus es nobis, a generatione et progenie. V. Priusquam montes fierent, aut formaretur terra et orbis: a saeculo et usque in saeculum tu es, Deus.

Alleluia (Ps. 113:1)
    In exitu Israel de Aegypto, domus Iacob de populo barbaro.

Ant. ad Offertorium (Iob 1)
    Vir erat in terra Hus, nomine Iob: simplex et rectus, ac timens Deum: quem Satan petiit, ut tentaret: et data est ei potestas a Domino in facilitates et in carnem eius: perdiditque omnem substantiam ipsius et filios: carnem quoque eius gravi ulcere vulneravit.

Antiphona ad Communionem (Ps. 118:81, 84 et 86)
    In salutari tuo anima mea, et in verbum tuum speravi: quando facies de persequentibus me iudicium? iniqui persecuti sunt me, adiuva me, Domine Deus meus.

+Fr Arsenius
  • dvalerio
    For the Offertory you have Palestrina's Vir erat in terra (SATTB) at CPDL. For the Introit you have Richard Rice's Introits (SSA or SAT). I've been unable to locate any other propers freely available online. Of course, there are plenty of good resources which are not online for free.
  • rich_enough
    I don't know how deep you're willing to dig, Father, but here goes:

Introit: Heinrich Isaac (SATB) - from his Choralis Constantius. NB: "old" clefs. (Unfortunately the server seems to be having trouble at the moment.)

Gradual: Alessandro Scarlatti (SATB) - unfortunately it's not at CPDL or anywhere else online as far as I can tell.

Alleuia: John Sheppard (1515-1558) (SATB) - not online as far as I can tell
  • rich_enough
    Isaac also set the Communio - in the same collection as the Introit