Anima Christi (solo/choral, vocal & accomp) : by Koerber : (free to all)
  • mjballoumjballou
    It would make a very nice post-communion meditation, if and only if your singers have lovely, well-blended voices. Its simplicity makes for transparency. In other words, there's no place to hide. Everyone has to blend, stay together, not go flat (very easy for singers on sustained notes), and even (gasp) look at the director. But it could be quite affective.
  • Francis,

I like it...and would like to use it. What is the availability of the score and the audio file?

noel at sjnmusic.com
  • Palestrina
    Francis, I think this is quite beautiful. The movement of the harmonies reminds me of Durufle! I can just hear this working with a treble soloist, and an excellent Celeste stop on the Swell, with a subdued Subbass on the Pedal (Swell coupled through too).

Do you have anywhere I could download a copy of this score? I'd love to use it for the Easter Vigil.
  • francis
    just send a request by email and I will send them to you in pdf. I have a hundred of these simple works.
  • Stella611
    Francis,
    I like this as well, what is your email so I can get a pdf file of it?
  • francis
    if you click on my name on any of my posts, my email address will be presented in profile.
  • francis
    Thank you for all the requests and even others via email. Please forgive my delay. I will attend to them in the next day or so. My mother has been having heart probs the last two weeks and I have been running ragged.
  • francis
    BUMPING

A DoM from a church in SF Cal. requested this piece yesterday, and they are doing it for Passion Sunday and thought I should post it here and offer it to everyone.

hear a simulation of the score

download score for orchestra

download score for piano and two voices

download score for organ and vocal in English

download score for organ and vocal in Latin

"Anima Christi was written by an unknown author in the first half of the 14th century and Pope John XXII enriched it with indulgences in the year 1330. One can gain a 300 days indulgence every time the prayer is said. A 7 years indulgence if said after Holy Communion and a Plenary Indulgence if said every day for a month under the usual conditions.24

It is a prayer centered of the suffering and death of Christ. In it we seek union with His suffering, salvation from our sins, strength and protection against Satan, help at the hour of death and the hope of rejoicing with the saints forever.

It is a very meaningful prayer especially when said after Holy Communion." [www.brogilbert.org/]
  • eft94530eft94530
    indulgence

The current indulgence is indicated at ...

http://www.vatican.va
    English
    Roman Curia
    Tribunals
    Apostolic Penitentiary
    Enchiridion indulgentiarum quarto editur (July 1999)
    http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/tribunals/apost_penit/documents/rc_trib_appen_doc_20020826_enchiridion-indulgentiarum_lt.html

[...]
    Contrariis quibuslibet minime obstantibus.
    Datum Romae, ex aedibus Paenitentiariae Apostolicae, die 16 iulii 1999
    [...]
    Eucharistica et spiritalis communio

§ 1. Plenaria indulgentia conceditur christifideli qui
    1°15 primum ipse ad sacram synaxim accesserit vel, aliis primum accedentibus, pie astiterit;
    2°16 qualibet feria sexta temporis Quadragesimae, orationem En ego, o bone et dulcissime Iesu, coram Iesu Christi Crucifixi imagine post communionem pie recitaverit;

§ 2. Partialis indulgentia conceditur christifideli qui, qualibet pia formula legitime adprobata, elicuerit:
    1°17 spiritalis communionis actum,
    2° gratiarum actionem post communionem (e.g. Anima Christi; En ego, o bone et dulcissime Iesu).
    [...]
  • francis
    thnx eft