생일 축하, 미아!
  • Yes, it's Mia Coyne's Birthday!
  • chonakchonak
    Happy birthday, Mia!
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    wow cool subject. Happy birthday indeed!
  • miacoyne
    Thank you Noel and Chonak and Jeffrey. (But I get a little embarrased. It supposed to be a secret.)
    It's been quite a busy day getting one year older. (I'm not sure it's a cool subject, but I think it's actually pretty cool getting older.)
  • Kathy
    Happy Birthday, Mia!
  • Happy! Happy! Happy!
  • don roy
    mia
    it was truly a delight to meet you face to face at the colloquiem. happy happy b'day!
  • miacoyne
    Thank you everyone. And nice meeting you too, Don Roy. Your music and enthusiasm were truly inspirational for eveyone at the Colloquium.

Gee, I don't know what to say. It was truly a shock and honor to see Korean letters and my name (but not my age;-) It reminds me, do you know Koreans count their age from the very beginning? (meaning when you are born, you are already 1 year old!!)

By the way, I forgot to say, Noel, your Korean writing looks perfect. Are you eating lots of Kimchi? It's a healthy food, except the smell.
  • G
    Happy belated Birthday, Mia!

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • Fermentation is good for wine and cabbage!
  • June Ely
    Happy birthday, Mia! It was great spending time with you at the Colloquium this year~
  • miacoyne
    Thank youy so much. I miss Colloquium already. Can't wait to see you all again. (G. I hope you get to sing Dr. Jenkin's music, Beata Viscera, with your choir, so beautiful and probably not possible without tears.
    June, I hope you had a wonderful vacation with your family after the Colloquium. June will be here soon, right?)
  • CharlesW
    I know kimchi. My sister-in-law is Korean. You are right about the smell! Happy birthday.
  • miacoyne
    Thanks Charles,. and how wonderful that we are somehow related through kimchi! I hope you like it, and if your in-law gives you some, don't let it stay in your refr. too long, it gets worse. Maybe we all could have kimchi party someday. (Jeff O. told me at the Colloquium he loves kimchi too.)
  • CharlesW
    My sister-in-law tells me that kimchi is Korean penicillin and can cure most anything. It's for sale here at an oriental market, although my sister-in-law's mother makes it.
  • Kathy
    Mia, do you ever eat at Woomi in Wheaton? GREAT bulgogi! The kim bap is ok.
  • miacoyne
    No, I haven't. Next time when we have a chapter meeting, we should try a Korean place afterwards. (I've met a few new people from VA at the Colloquium. Added to our chapter list.) I hope you are having a wonderful summer and hope to see you soon. Mia

(Charles, I'm very envious of you. I can't remember when I had a homemade kimchi last time. Homemade one are the best.)
  • janetgorbitzjanetgorbitz
    Mia... I'm waaay late, but happy birthday! I'm thinking I saw a recipe for making homemade kimchi somewhere...

It was really so very nice to see you again this summer... can't wait until next year.
  • miacoyne
    Thank you Janet.
    Well, if you are going to organize the catering again for the Colloquium next year, maybe you could include .... (just kidding. We want people to come back, don't we?)
    Thank you for feeding us so well at the Colloquium, definitely helped us to sing well too. All the best for your homeschooling and schola. See you soon.
  • Wow...I didn't know there were any Koreans on this forum. lol. Or maybe you just read Korean and eat Korean food...which is okay. I'm fine with you extolling the virtues of the cuisine of my people :D lol

Oh, and happy birthday!
  • miacoyne
    Clara, you are Korean? Sorry I never got to meet you. (I need to look at the Colloquium video again). But Very glad to know. Hopefully I'll see you at the Colloquium next year.