Why not let them see what they pay for???
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Re: Kevin Allen MOTECTA TRIUM VOCUM

When I was a high school teacher, I hated ordering music from a catalogue that did not let you SEE what you were paying for.

Corpus Christi Watershed, on the other hand, allows you to VIEW THE ENTIRE 60-page BOOK ONLINE.

-• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -• -•

Purchase the book, and take advantage of 60 free practice videos HERE!
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    Oh, Jeffrey Jeffrey, prophet of progress. Thank you!
  • JamJam
    Letting you see the entire thing online just makes piracy easier. It's not like flipping through a book in a bookstore where if you nick it or start making copies a clerk will come and catch you.

But I agree that I'd hate to buy music, whether in sheet or sound form, without some kind of preview. books too, and a lot of other things, for that matter.
  • Honest people will still be honest.
  • DougS
    I just assumed the big blackouts in the middle of each page would print as well. No one would want to use that or go to the trouble to transcribe from the videos. It's more than an incipit but not the entire thing--excellent idea, just like Google books.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    hmmm, doubts about the black out thing. Well...we'll get there. Oh and here's a vote for publishing the next collection in Creative Commons.
  • Erik P
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    It would great if the CMAA could commission Kevin Allen to compose a polyphonic Ordinary setting, to be published in the commons and for free download on this site.

I would donate to that project.

But only if the finished product was formatted to avoid page turns.
  • mjballoumjballou
    Buying music sight unseen has meant buying many a "pig in a poke" in my career as a harpist. However, my best music vendor now features a generous sample of each book online. You can't print it, but it's just enough to ascertain the level of the music and the arranging style. All my purchasing has moved to this site.

With choral music, if I can't see it all, I particularly look for one piece of information - range. Who wants music that the sopranos can't sing and the basses will make wretched growling sounds over? "Not I, said the fly." Put that at the very beginning or indicate it in the description and chances are good that I'll give the piece the once-over.
  • But only if the finished product was formatted to avoid page turns.

:¬D
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Well, that's what PDFs and Scotch Tape were made for!