There is a parallel universe...
  • From an Anglican list....

"Hi, wise and helpful ones. I am looking for a new mass setting to add to our parish's repertoire, something that is fairly light, "world" music- or folk-based, and suitable for guitar accompaniment. Our congregation currently sings (from H1982) Schubert/Proulx, Mathias, Powell, and David Hurd's "New Plainsong," plus a few bits of Near. We recently recombined a traditional service with an "alternative" guitar-led service that had been in existence for eight or nine years, and I would like to add to the mix a setting that will make the fans of the former guitar service feel more at home.

What I don't need: comments deploring the state of music in the church, the bastardization of our Anglican heritage, the inadvisability of combining diverse musical styles, the inappropriateness of guitars in worship. etc. I myself strongly prefer traditional music and liturgy. However, I want to be musically hospitable to members of our congregation who are really missing the feel of their "alternative" service. They did not usually use service music---except for occasionally singing the Sanctus to "Land of Rest"--- so I have the opportunity to search out and introduce something that is the best of its type."

[a priest just suggested...The Mass of Creation]
  • Donnaswan
    The seeker has left us nothing to say.

Donna
  • Felicity
    sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I now have a splitting headache!
  • Why is he or she addressing 'wise and helpful' ones when the desired advice would be indicative of an utter lack of wisdom and be really unhelpful in the attainment of it?
  • chonakchonak
    Dear wise and helpful ones, tell me what I want to hear. Thank you.
  • I got nothing except prayers that your congregation will come home to the Church.