THIS IS HOW CHANT IN ENGLISH OUGHT TO SOUND !!!
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Friends, when I hear Matthew J. Curtis sing Plainsong in English, I say to myself, "This is so heavenly! How noble! How wonderful! How Sacred! How marvelous! This is our Liturgy! This is it! He's done it!"

Matthew J. Curtis has recorded about fifty (50) free Mp3's of Alleluia Verses (Gospel Acclamations) for your cantors and choirs.

Here are but two samples:

Gospel Acclamation • 18th Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year CComposer: Aristotle Esguerra
    PDF SCORE • • • AUDIO MP3

Gospel Acclamation • All Saints (November 1st)Composer: Fr. Samuel Weber
    PDF SCORE • • • AUDIO MP3

| +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- | +•- |

image image
  • CharlesW
    Wonderful!
  • Dale Fleck
    This is truly wonderful. I would love to use this Alleluia; and am embarassed to ask but here goes......do I use that same melody for all appropriate verses for the day?
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    It's great great
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Dale, unless I am very much mistaken, if you visit this site: http://garnieralleluias.com/

. . . your question should answer itself. (If not, please let me know, dear friend!)

|+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |+-• |

• DougS
    Not being familiar with the gamut of performance styles out there, I have to ask is it typical to be this rhythmic/metric? Or is that just a huge can of worms that can't be answered simply?
  • gregpgregp
    I bought Matthew Curtis's recordings of the Propers two years ago, and it's interesting to hear how his voice has matured over that time. It seems to me darker and fuller now. (I hope that's not insulting to a tenor!)
  • Dale Fleck
    Jeff, thanks so much for helping me. I really appreciate your help. Also, I have wanting for some time to have a capability of printing music in the "gregorian notation". I have Sibelius (a rather older version) but would love to purchase a program to print the other notation. Any suggestions???? Thanks again
  • LarryKentLarryKent
    The font looks great, and it's wonderful that it's free....but is there any way to use it without spending hundreds of dollars for software that can use Caecilia?

And thanks for pointing us to Caecilia Fonts!
  • What software do you already own for documents? And PC or Mac?
  • chonakchonak
    I'm trying to find out whether the free office suite OpenOffice.org version 3.2 supports the "OpenType" optional font features used in Caeciliae. Version 3.2 has the new font engine "Graphite", and that may provide the necessary functionality. I'll let you know.
  • LarryKentLarryKent
    Sorry I didn't specify that! I have a PC running Vista, and I have the normal stuff: Word, WordPerfect, Sibelius, Finale, Paint.Net, but none of the programs I've seen mentioned here (InDesign, Adobe, etc.)

Thanks again!
  • LarryKentLarryKent
    I forgot to mention that I have OpenOffice.org also, not sure which version (and I'm not at home to check). Thx
  • chonakchonak
    I have checked now; OpenOffice.org 3.2 added Graphite functionality, which is a different approach to advanced font features -- that is, different from OpenType, so OO.o is not able to make use of Caeciliae's features.

If someone were to make a Graphite version of the Caeciliae font files, then that would be another story!

Graphite is a project of SIL (an Evangelical-supported translation and literacy project for minority languages) and is documented at http://graphite.sil.org/ .
  • RagueneauRagueneau
    Apple iWork is very, very cheap and great for Gregorian fonts (Caecilia)

I believe the FESTA DIES font works for Open Office, no?
  • chonakchonak
    Here's something for Linux users (and other fans of open-source, libre, and free software): the word processor Abiword may be able to support Caeciliae: