Special tone for Easter Gospel?
  • Hi there folks,
    Has anyone ever heard of a special tone for the Easter Sunday Gospel in the extraordinary use? If so, where can the music be found?
    Thanks!
    In Christo per Mariam,
    Chris.
  • Jeffrey TuckerJeffrey Tucker
    All the tones I know of are here. There are three tones listed for the Gospel but none specify Easter.
  • Bud_Clark
    There are wonderful ornate tones for the Gospel, Epistle, Prophecies, etc. in the Benedictine Laudes Festivae, available on the CMAA website.
  • tomjaw
    Do you mean the Solemn ancient tone, if so a colleague has seen it set to that tone in a Missale Romanum, this book can no longer be found but... we have made a re-typset version...
    N.B. This is based on the Palm Sunday Passion tone, there are some differences in how this tone is set.

N.B. This was created in Photoshop using the pdf. on the FSSP Seminary website, and a scan of a holy week Passion.
    1224 x 1584 - 233K
  • MHIMHI
    Thanked by 1Chris_McAvoy
  • I'm trying to determine if all the tones in the Laudes Festivae are the historic settings found in ancient graduales (or whatever books they are called - my 13th c. gradual contains many of them, some seem not to match.)
  • gsharpe34
    Seems like the clef is in the wrong place.