Mass in the Vineyard?
  • OlbashOlbash
    Martha's, that is. Any advice on where to attend Sunday Mass?
  • chonakchonak
    There's only one parish, with three churches: http://goodshepherdmv.com/

The Mass schedule changes on May 29, so the options will depend on when you go; check the bulletin for information.

The "staff" page shows a couple of cheery guitarists as musicians for the "children's Mass", so you might want to take that into account in choosing.

I think I'd just opt for the Mass in Portuguese.
  • OlbashOlbash
    In case anyone was wondering: Four songs from the "Spirit & Song" lyric book, the Mike Anderson "Gloria", and the Mass of Creation, all transposed down about a perfect fourth or so, to facilitate the baritone voices of the heavily amplified precentrices. The ambry was made out of a little model fishing boat. The deacon closed Mass by asking people to announce their birthdays, anniversaries, etc. so that everyone could give them a friendly round of applause. Pretty much what one expects when one goes to Mass, I guess.
  • Michael,
    About a decade ago Wendy and I visited the Cape and we happened upon a Church, I forget in which hamlet, and promptly invited ourselves into the choir (this was during the summer.) What I didn't know until after the Mass, and all of the nice hospitality of their aged choristers ("Ooh, are you folks new here, oh you're visiting, darn!"), was the director/organist was one Becket Senchur, whose music I knew from W2. I just quietly thanked him, he was so gracious, and as we walked to the car I told Wendy "That's one of the real pioneers of early post VII English composition." Dr. Mahrt mentioned him at colloquium this June, and I wondered if he was still at his console and parish.